Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 2

8:30am visit before work, she used the litter box 3 more times.  She has diarrhea from the de-worming so I cleaned the litter box real good.  She ate lots of dry food and water over night, I refilled both.  She sat on the window, bird watching.  Didn't seem to mind me being in there at all this time.  She was happily into the birds outside the window.



Fed her wet food at dusk, 6pm.  That's when the other 4 indoor cats get fed, so might as well start to get Indy on the same schedule.  She ate plenty.   I noticed she used the litter box 3 more times.  Cleaned it real good again.  No evidence of her going outside the litter box at all, anywhere.  Nice.

9pm visit, added a few new cat toys.  Feathered mice, fuzzy balls, a fuzzy snake on a string, and a small dome to scratch/play in/on.  She played with all the toys while I sat at the door watching.  She seemed to be having a blast.  Stayed about 30 minutes while she played.



Returned at 1am before bed, and sat near the door by the new dome.  I picked up the feathered mouse toy and after a few minutes she came all the way over to about a foot away from me, and stayed in the dome.  We played with the feathered toy through the hole for about 30 minutes.  She was very close to me, and every time she stopped playing and looked up at me - she would run back under the cat tree.  As if she forgot to be scared until she saw me.  But, she'd come right back and continue playing.  Definite progress.